Subject: [GSoC PATCH 00/16] Microproject: avoid suppressing git's exit code

From: Trieu Huynh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2026 05:02:39 +0900

Piping git command output directly to subsequent command (eg. grep)
hides the exit code of git behind the pipe.  A crash in git would go
unnoticed because the shell only sees grep's exit code.

This series extends the same fix to 16 more test files, following the
approach introduced in t8003 [1] (redirect output to a temporary file,
then use test_grep on that file).

Note: t2206 is a special case -- some tests cd into a subdirectory
that is itself a git repo and run 'git add .' on the whole working
tree.  To prevent the temporary file from being accidentally staged,
it is written as '../actual', outside the inner repo.

Related-to: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#t
See-also: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#t

Trieu Huynh (16):
  t7004: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t6423: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t6411: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t6101: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t6006: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t5304: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t4153: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t4150: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t4140: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t4039: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t3903: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t3701: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t3412: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t1400: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t0100: avoid suppressing git's exit code
  t2206: avoid suppressing git's exit code

 t/t0100-previous.sh                 |  3 +-
 t/t1400-update-ref.sh               |  3 +-
 t/t2206-add-submodule-ignored.sh    | 45 +++++++++++++++++++----------
 t/t3412-rebase-root.sh              |  6 ++--
 t/t3701-add-interactive.sh          | 12 +++++---
 t/t3903-stash.sh                    |  5 ++--
 t/t4039-diff-assume-unchanged.sh    |  3 +-
 t/t4140-apply-ita.sh                |  3 +-
 t/t4150-am.sh                       |  5 ++--
 t/t4153-am-resume-override-opts.sh  |  3 +-
 t/t5304-prune.sh                    |  3 +-
 t/t6006-rev-list-format.sh          |  3 +-
 t/t6101-rev-parse-parents.sh        |  3 +-
 t/t6411-merge-filemode.sh           |  6 ++--
 t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh |  3 +-
 t/t7004-tag.sh                      |  6 ++--
 16 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0