Subject: [GSoC PATCH 0/3] receive-pack: fix HEAD check for updateInstead

From: Pablo Sabater <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2026 13:18:19 +0200

When a bare repo has linked worktrees, and its HEAD points to an unborn branch,
pushing to a wt branch with updateInstead fails and rejects the push, even if
the wt is clean.

This happens because HEAD is checked only for the bare repo context, instead
of the wt.

This series includes Runxi's test, a cleanup of a test that messes with Runxi's
test and the fix for the issue.

Pablo Sabater (2):
  t5516: clean up cloned and new-wt in denyCurrentBranch and worktrees
    test
  receive-pack: use worktree HEAD for updateInstead

Runxi Yu (1):
  t5516: test updateInstead with worktree and unborn bare HEAD

 builtin/receive-pack.c | 39 +++++++++++++++------------------------
 t/t5516-fetch-push.sh  | 15 +++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)

base-commit: ca1db8a0f7dc0dbea892e99f5b37c5fe5861be71
-- 
2.43.0