Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] includeIf: add "worktree" condition for matching working tree path

From: Chen Linxuan via B4 Relay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2026 10:58:44 +0800

The `includeIf` mechanism already supports matching on the `.git`
directory path (`gitdir`) and the currently checked out branch
(`onbranch`).  But in multi-worktree setups the `.git` directory of a
linked worktree points into the main repository's `.git/worktrees/`
area, which makes `gitdir` patterns cumbersome when one wants to
include config based on the working tree's checkout path instead.

Introduce two new condition keywords:

  - `worktree:<pattern>` matches the realpath of the current worktree's
    working directory against a glob pattern.
  - `worktree/i:<pattern>` is the case-insensitive variant.

Supported pattern features: glob wildcards, `**/` and `/**`, `~`
expansion, `./` relative paths, and trailing-`/` prefix matching.
The condition never matches in a bare repository.

Signed-off-by: Chen Linxuan <[email-masked]>
---
Changes in v2:

- Add missing signed-off-by lines.
- Link to v1: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

---
Chen Linxuan (3):
      config: add "worktree" and "worktree/i" includeIf conditions
      Documentation/config: add includeIf "worktree"
      t1305: add tests for includeIf "worktree"

 Documentation/config.adoc | 50 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 config.c                  | 25 ++++++++++--------
 t/t1305-config-include.sh | 66 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 130 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
---
base-commit: 270e10ad6dda3379ea0da7efd11e4fbf2cd7a325
change-id: 20260401-includeif-worktree-fcb64950dfba

Best regards,
-- 
Chen Linxuan <[email-masked]>