Subject: [PATCH v3 0/8] repo_config_values: migrate more globals

From: Olamide Caleb Bello <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2026 17:08:24 +0100

This series continues the effort to remove repository-dependent global
configuration state by moving several core.* configuration variables
into struct `repo_config_values`.

This ensures configuration values are tied to the repository from which
they were read, avoiding cross-repository state leakage in processes
handling multiple repositories, while preserving existing behavior.

All affected configuration values are eagerly parsed. Storing them in
repo_config_values preserves current semantics and avoids introducing
lazy parsing into runtime code paths.

This v3 addresses review feedback by explicitly clarifying the reason
these values belong in repo_config_values (eager parsing) and improving
commit message clarity.

Olamide Caleb Bello (8):
  environment: move "trust_ctime" into struct repo_config_values
  environment: move "check_stat" into struct repo_config_values
  environment: move "zlib_compression_level" into repo_config_values
  environment: move "pack_compression_level" into struct repo_config_values
  environment: move "precomposed_unicode" into struct repo_config_values
  env: move "core_sparse_checkout_cone" into repo_config_values
  env: put "sparse_expect_files_outside_of_patterns" in repo_config_values
  env: move "warn_on_object_refname_ambiguity" into repo_config_values
-- 
2.53.0.155.g9f36b15afa