Subject: [PATCH v3 5/8] CI: bump actions/checkout from 4 to 5 for rust-analysis job

From: Olamide Caleb Bello <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2026 17:08:29 +0100

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>

GitHub Actions started complaining about use of Node.js 20 and I was
wondering why only one job uses actions/checkout@v4, while everybody
else already uses actions/checkout@v5.

It turns out that it is caused by a semantic mismerge between
e75cd059 (ci: check formatting of our Rust code, 2025-10-15) that
added a new use of actions/checkout@v4 that happened very close to
another change 63541ed9 (build(deps): bump actions/checkout from 4
to 5, 2025-10-16) that updated all uses of actions/checkout@v4 to
use vactions/checkout@v5.

Update the leftover and the last use of actions/checkout@v4 to use
actions/checkout@v5 to help ourselves to move away from Node.js 20.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 .github/workflows/main.yml | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/.github/workflows/main.yml b/.github/workflows/main.yml
index f2e93f5461..8ed268fc09 100644
--- a/.github/workflows/main.yml
+++ b/.github/workflows/main.yml
@@ -480,7 +480,7 @@ jobs:
       group: rust-analysis-${{ github.ref }}
       cancel-in-progress: ${{ needs.ci-config.outputs.skip_concurrent == 'yes' }}
     steps:
-    - uses: actions/checkout@v4
+    - uses: actions/checkout@v5
     - run: ci/install-dependencies.sh
     - run: ci/run-rust-checks.sh
   sparse:
-- 
2.53.0.155.g9f36b15afa