Subject: [PATCH 0/1] http: reject unsupported proxy URL schemes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 May 2026 19:04:00 +0000

From: Aliwoto <[email-masked]>

An explicit proxy URL with an unsupported scheme such as
htpp://127.0.0.1 is currently accepted and treated as an HTTP proxy.

This happens because Git parses the URL, extracts the host part, and
passes only that host to libcurl without rejecting the unsupported
scheme. As a result, the typo is silently accepted.

This patch rejects explicit unsupported proxy schemes while keeping the
existing host:port-without-scheme behavior unchanged, and adds a
regression test for the unsupported-scheme case.

Aliwoto (1):
  http: reject unsupported proxy URL schemes

 http.c                | 79 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 t/t5564-http-proxy.sh |  5 +++
 2 files changed, 59 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

base-commit: 67ad42147a7acc2af6074753ebd03d904476118f
-- 
2.49.0.windows.1