Subject: [PATCH 1/2] SubmittingPatches: separate typofixes section

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2026 18:08:07 +0900

The existing text said something about tests (with [[tests]] to make
it easier to refer to it from elsewhere) and then flowed into a
different topic of typofixes, but it was unclear where the latter
started.  Add a similar [[typofies]] marker to the document.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/SubmittingPatches | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/SubmittingPatches b/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
index d570184ec8..dec8aea4cb 100644
--- a/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
+++ b/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
@@ -237,6 +237,7 @@ Do not forget to update the documentation to describe the updated
 behavior and make sure that the resulting documentation set formats
 well (try the Documentation/doc-diff script).
 
+[[typofixes]]
 We currently have a liberal mixture of US and UK English norms for
 spelling and grammar, which is somewhat unfortunate.  A huge patch that
 touches the files all over the place only to correct the inconsistency
-- 
2.54.0-567-gf25c749695