Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] b4: introduce configuration for the Git project

From: Tuomas Ahola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2026 20:09:55 +0300

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We're about to extend our documentation to recommend b4 for sending
> patch series ot the mailing list. Prepare for this by introducing a b4

s/ot/to/

> configuration so that the tool knows to honor our preferences. For now,
> this configuration does two things:
> 
>   - It configures "send-same-thread = shallow", which tells b4 to always
>     send subsequent versions of the same patch series as a reply to the
>     cover letter of the first version.
> 

Huh?  Doesn't MyFirstContribution speak *against* shallow threading?

	        [...]  make sure to replace it with the correct Message-ID for your
	**previous cover letter** - that is, if you're sending v2, use the Message-ID
	from v1; if you're sending v3, use the Message-ID from v2.

Besides, GitGitGadget also employs that kind of nested threading, if I'm
not mistaken.

Thanks.