Subject: getting started with git

From: Ivan Senji <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 02:16:00 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone!

I started using git recently to manage my personal projects and I really
like it. I develop on several different locations and have a little problem
that i couldn't find a way to solve.

On each location that i develop some project and configuration files are
different. But i would like them to be in the repository as a starting point
when checking out a project (example: opening a project on a dfferent OS in
eclipse... eclipse will find an error in the path to jdk and ask me to fix
that error by selecting a different jdk).

How to achieve that these files are in the repository but that any further
changes to them are not commited (or are commited localy but not pushed to a
remote repository)?

Is that even possible?

Thanks!
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/getting-started-with-git-tp20497802p20497802.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.