Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.37.0-rc0

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 11:00:31 -0400

On 6/13/2022 9:46 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:

>  * A workflow change for translators are being proposed.  git.pot is
>    no longer version controlled and it is local responsibility of
>    translaters to generate it.

s/translaters/translators/

>  * More fsmonitor--daemon.

Would you like to expand more here? Perhaps...

  * The fsmonitor--daemon handles even more corner cases when
    watching filesystem events.

CC'ing Jeff to see if he has thoughts.

>  * The path taken by "git multi-pack-index" command from the end user
>    was compared with path internally prepared by the tool withut first
>    normalizing, which lead to duplicated paths not being noticed,
>    which has been corrected.

s/withut/without/

>  * Update a few end-user facing messages around eol conversion.
>    (merge c970d30c2c ah/convert-warning-message later to maint).

optional: s/eol/EOL/

>  * With a more targetted workaround in http.c in another topic, we may
>    be able to lift this blanket "GCC12 dangling-pointer warning is
>    broken and unsalvageable" workaround.

s/targetted/targeted/

Thanks for all your work to create this release!

-Stolee