Subject: ab/ci-updates (was: What's cooking in git.git (Nov 2021, #07; Mon, 29))

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 22:08:05 +0100

On Mon, Nov 29 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> * ab/ci-updates (2021-11-23) 5 commits
>  - CI: don't run "make test" twice in one job
>  - CI: use "$runs_on_pool", not "$jobname" to select packages & config
>  - CI: rename the "Linux32" job to lower-case "linux32"
>  - CI: use shorter names that fit in UX tooltips
>  - CI: remove Travis CI support

It looked like there was general happiness with the approach of having
the dead code gone and the GitHub tooltips being more useful.

Given that this is relatively trivial, and if it was causing trouble
we'd likely know by now it would be nice to get this merged down sooner
than later.

As noted in the latest thread on js/scalar there's outstanding
interactions with that larger topic (including some semantic merge
"conflicts"). So having it in "master" to base on would also remove its
interaction with that topic & any other CI modification as a variable.

1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/