Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/15] tests: don't ignore "git" exit codes

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 10:53:20 +0100

On Thu, Mar 03 2022, Shubham Mishra wrote:

> Thanks Ævar for CCing me. Your patch is insightful for me.
>
>> This series is not made by string-replacing things in our test suite,
>> if it was it would be much larger. These are all tests I've seen real
>> hide real failures under SANITIZE=leak, either on current "master", or
>> in combination with various local leak fixes I've got unsubmitted.
>
> Can you please tell me what "SANITIZE=leak" do?
>
> Thanks,
> Shubham

SANITIZE=address and SANITIZE=leak are the flags we use to turn on the
AddressSanitizer
(https://github.com/google/sanitizers/wiki/AddressSanitizer) and
LeakSanitizer
(https://github.com/google/sanitizers/wiki/AddressSanitizerLeakSanitizer).

As the latter URL shows it's a way to instrument a program to die on
exit if unreferenced malloc'd memory wasn't free'd.