Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] git-curl-compat.h: addition of all symbols defined by curl

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:47:17 +0100

On Wed, Mar 16 2022, Elia Pinto wrote:

Per the comment on v1 I really think we should not do this...

> This file was produced from a modified version of symbols.pl
> (https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/docs/libcurl/symbols.pl) and
> by manually adding the previous comments describing the dates of release
> of some curl versions not currently reported in the symbols-in-versions.
>
> To do this the symbols are listed in the order defined in the file
> symbols-in-versions rather than as they were previously inserted based
> on release dates.
>
> Most of these symbols are not used by git today. However, inserting
> them all starting from an automatic tool makes it largely unnecessary
> to update this file and therefore reduces the possibility
> of introducing possible errors in the future.
>
> Helped-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Elia Pinto <[email-masked]>

But more generally, re your reply on v1:

    In the end I did not understand if you think it is worthwhile that i
    do a reroll of  the patch[...]

Better than a re-roll is replying to outstanding concerns about your
patches. I.e. this, which still applies here
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/