Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 00/17] cruft packs

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 13:54:41 +0200

On Wed, May 18 2022, Taylor Blau wrote:

> Here is another reroll of my series to implement "cruft packs", which is based
> on the v2.36 tree, and incorporates feedback from the discussion we had about
> mixed-version GCs with cruft packs in [1].
>
> The changes here are limited to:
>
>   - a cautionary note in Documentation/technical/cruft-packs.txt
>     describing the potential interaction between pruning GCs across pre-
>     and post-cruft pack versions of Git, as discussed towards the bottom
>     of [2]
>
>   - updating the `finalize_hashfile()` calls for writing `.mtimes` files
>     to indicate that they are `FSYNC_COMPONENT_PACK_METADATA`, since the
>     original version of this series predates the fine-grained fsync
>     configuration in 2.36.
>
> As always, a range-diff is below. Thanks in advance for taking another
> look!

I left some minor & nit-y comments on this v4, but overall I think this
looks really good with not much to add.