Subject: ar/send-email-confirm-by-default (was: What's cooking in git.git (May 2022, #05; Mon, 16))

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 21:34:31 +0200

On Mon, May 16 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> * ar/send-email-confirm-by-default (2022-04-22) 1 commit
>  - send-email: always confirm by default
>
>  "git send-email" is changed so that by default it asks for
>  confirmation before sending each message out.
>
>  Will discard.
>
>  I wanted to like this, and had it in the version of Git I use
>  myself for daily work, but the prompting turned out to be somewhat
>  distracting.
>
>  Thoughts?
>  source: <[email-masked]>

I'd prefer for this to go in. As noted in my review I've been running
with this setting for many years, and I don't think I'd trust myself to
use git-send-email without it.

But it's always hard to figure out what's the right UX trade-off in
these cases, particularly for something like git-send-email which is a
relatively advanced tool, and likely has a small-ish userbase that's
used to the current defaults.

But for those users setting the config to the current (and more
foot-gun-y) will be easy, and I think making this friendlier to
newcomers is worth it.