Subject: ab/env-array (was: What's cooking in git.git (May 2022, #05; Mon, 16))

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 21:28:58 +0200

On Mon, May 16 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> * ab/env-array (2022-04-06) 3 commits
>  - run-command API users: use "env" not "env_array" in comments & names
>  - run-command API: rename "env_array" to "env"
>  - cocci: add a rename of "struct child_process"'s "env_array" to "env"
>
>  Rename .env_array member to .env in the child_process structure.
>
>  On hold.
>  source: <[email-masked]>

I'm not sure if the "on hold" status is wanted here, or a holdover from
around the release time (per
https://lore.kernel.org/git/?q=ab%2Fenv-array); but in this case I think
it would be very nice if we could advance this sooner than later.

I'm aware of a couple of topics that would semantically conflict with it
if re-submitted (IIRC the rest of submodule-in-C is one). So if we're
going to do the s/env_array/env/g at all it seems better to do it sooner
than later.

Thanks.