Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/12] fsmonitor: Implement fsmonitor for Linux

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 03:04:41 +0200

On Mon, Oct 17 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Glen Choo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> At $DAYJOB, we observed that this topic breaks MacOS builds with sha1dc:
>
> Thanks for a report.
>
> How dissapointing.  The thing is that the topic has been in 'next'
> since the 11th (i.e. early last week), and I know that you guys rely
> on the tip of 'next' in working order to cut your internal releases,
> but we did not hear about this until now.  What makes it taste even
> worse is that nobody else caught this, even though we seem to have a
> couple of macOS jobs at GitHub Actions CI, there we didn't see any
> breakage related to this.

FWIW I see you caught it on the 9th in
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/, but then the
base topic was merged down on the 17th.

> Possible action items:
>
>  * See what configurations our two macOS jobs are using.  If neither
>    is using sha1dc, I would say that is criminal [*] and at least
>    one of them should be updated to do so right away.

I submitted a v2 of my series to finally make OSX use SHA1DC by default:
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

As part of that we'll CI that & the current "apple common crypto"
implementations, currently we just do the latter, which is why we didn't
catch this.

We could follow-up and CI the OpenSSL one too, but that was a larger
change, so I punted on it.

In any case,
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
in that series un-breaks master, maybe you're interested in peeling it
off & fast-tracking it? I didn't submit it separately because I don't
know how much of a rush we're in there (given that CI isn't broken).