Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/17] leak fixes: use existing constructors & other trivia

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 13:46:29 +0100

On Fri, Nov 04 2022, Phillip Wood wrote:

> On 03/11/2022 17:05, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>> With the very minor exceptions of:
>> * 03-04/17 (which need trivial oilerplate)
>> * 05/17 (need to add trivial control flow to a free_*() function)
>> * 12/17 (narrowing scope of allocation)
>
> I've only looked at the rebase related patches. I'd really appreciate
> it if you could drop patches 12 & 14 as they conflict with [1] that
> fixes these issues by removing the setenv() calls.

Sure, sounds good to me.

I see Taylor queued it up like that, and the combination of the two
passes with the "true" and "check" mode leak checking modes.

For context: I saw that you planned to fix those in some follow-up
topic, but had this mostly ready before the new leak in the recent topic
showed up, and that leak had big knock-on effects in what test files I
could mark as passing.

So I figured I'd include some more more narrow fixes, but I'm even
happier to see the root cause addressed.