Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 06/12] docs: move commit-graph format docs to man section 5

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 20:16:49 +0100

On Tue, Nov 08 2022, SZEDER Gábor wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 06:28:35PM +0200, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>> Continue the move of existing Documentation/technical/* protocol and
>> file-format documentation into our main documentation space.
>> 
>> By moving the documentation for the commit-graph format into man
>> section 5 and the new "developerinterfaces" category. This change is
>> split from subsequent commits due to the relatively large amount of
>> ASCIIDOC formatting changes that are required.
>
> So after this series I got a couple of gitformat-* manpages, but,
> alas, most of them render improperly: a lot of paragraphs are for some
> reason fixed width even in a fullscreen terminal window, and their
> width is more than 80 chars, so they are rather awkward in a
> standard-width terminal.  This also affects the html version, where
> those paragraphs are rendered with a fixed-width font.

Do you have examples of that, and are these cases where the formatting
was different before the move from Documentation/technical/*

I'm aware of e.g. gitformat-commit-graph(5) being somewhat funny, and
may have missed some cases, but I think that was also the case before...