Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 00/12] merge-index: prepare to rewrite merge drivers in C

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 13:46:13 +0100

On Fri, Nov 18 2022, Taylor Blau wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 12:18:17PM +0100, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>> This is a prep series for a re-roll of Alban Gruin's series to rewrite
>> various merge drivers from *.sh to *.c, and being able to call those
>> in-process.
>
> Thanks for resurrecting this topic. I couldn't quite tell what this was
> supposed to be based on from your cover letter, but digging around your
> repo, the best I could come up with was:
>
>     $ git log --oneline --first-parent --merges master.
>     00c0dd7b8a Merge branch 'ab/various-leak-fixes' into ab/merge-index-prep
>     dc39d4bbb4 Merge branch 'pw/rebase-no-reflog-action' into ab/merge-index-prep
>
> when queuing, which seemed to do the trick.

Yes, sorry. It completely slipped my mind to mention it, but it's on top
of pw/rebase-no-reflog-action + ab/various-leak-fixes, except...

> If that wasn't what you had intended, let me know. The series does not
> apply as-is on top of 'master' (which is at eea7033409 (The twelfth
> batch, 2022-11-14), at the time of writing).

...just applying it on ab/various-leak-fixes won't *quite* do it, it'll
also need the more recent "master", namely the now-landed
rs/no-more-run-command-v.