Subject: Re: [PATCH] t4205: don't exit test script on failure

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 01:07:56 +0100

On Fri, Dec 02 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This is also 6/6 in this series to submit a bunch of these sorts of
>> issues, which I submitted back in July:
>> https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
>
> Such a comment is the least productive, I am afraid.
>
> When the series originally did not get any traction would have been
> a good time to ask others for reviews to push it forward, but not in
> a thread of other people.

I think it's a productive comment on a patch to point out that it's the
exact same change someone else has submitted independently before.

In my mind that's better than a "LGTM" or "Reviewed-by". Those are both
versions of "I looked over your work", but if you independently come up
with the same thing that's usually a stronger sign that the proposed
solution is a good one.

If you read it as complaining that my series didn't get picked up that
wasn't the intent. I don't care either if René's commit ends up on
master, or mine. Just as long as the issue gets fixed.

I did just re-submit that series just now, re-rolled to get past a minor
conflict, and with a few other changes.

It's still just the tip of the iceberg in terms of these issues in the
test suite, but hopefully it can get picked up this time around, and
perhaps get some reviewer interest...

1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/