Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 0/7] submodule: parallelize diff

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 01:55:35 +0100

On Tue, Feb 07 2023, Calvin Wan wrote:

> Original cover letter for context:
> https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

I went over this, noticed some issues, some nits, but definitely some
things worth an eventual re-roll.

> Changes since v6

I would very much appreciate for future iterations if you can start
including a range-diff to the previous version.

> Added patches 4 and 5 to refactor out more functionality so that it is
> clear what changes my final patch makes. Since the large majority of
> the functionality between the serial and parallel implementation is now
> shared, I no longer remove the serial implementation.
>
> Added additional tests to verify setting parallelism doesn't alter
> output

I could have, but didn't manually apply both v6 and v7 and produce a
range-diff, having it in the CL would really help to track the changes
across re-rolls.