Subject: Tagging stable releases

From: Asaf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:43:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm creating many branches, checkout code, make changes, etc..
At the end, I always merge these branches to the master branch and delete
them when I finish,

At the point where my local master repo seems to be stable, I push the
changes to an origin repo that is public.

I guess this is a standard cycle, right?

What I'm confused about is how to tag correctly versions that are stable,
Should I locally just add a tag and push the tag to the public repo?

Is it enough to use a lightweight tagging for tagging a certain commit as a
release?
Is it possible later on to checkout a tag, make a change and push the change
into the tagged version?

Many thanks,

Asaf.
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Tagging-stable-releases-tp23045562p23045562.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.