Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] cocci: add headings to and reword README

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 12:53:19 +0200

On Thu, Apr 27 2023, Glen Choo via GitGitGadget wrote:

Re subject: I don't per-se mind the "add headings" formatting change,
but doesn't it have headings already? I.e.:

> -Git-specific tips & things to know about how we run "spatch":
> +== Git-specific tips & things to know about how we run "spatch":
>  
>   * The "make coccicheck" will piggy-back on
>     "COMPUTE_HEADER_DEPENDENCIES". If you've built a given object file

I think it was clear before that that was a "heading", at least in the
sense that it summarized what the indented part that followed was
discussing.

I think what this is really doing is converting this part of the doc to
asciidoc, but is anything actually rendering it as asciidoc?

If we are converting it to asciidoc shouldn't the bullet-points be
un-indented too? (I'm not sure, but couldn't find a part of our build
that actually feeds this through asciidoc, so spot-checking that wasn't
trivial...)