Subject: How do I see all of my changes on a branch?

From: jonhud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:40:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We are using github (but that's more or less irrelevant, since I'm just
running git 1.6 locally on Ubuntu). Some time ago, I created a new branch
(release.2.2) and pushed it out to the remote repository. All the digging
through log, gitk, etc. has not made it possible for me to figure out the
commit (or point in time) at which I cut the branch. 

What I want to do is to get a list of files (and/or diffs for those files)
from that point in time to HEAD on the branch. I understand that git-diff
--name-only is part of the solution. What I can't figure out is how to
pinpoint the first commit. So that's my first question... how do I do that?

To complicate things, I was also working on a side branch which I merged to
master before cutting the release.2.2 branch. In the best of all worlds, I
would trace my changes back to the point at which I cut *that* branch and
follow through the HEAD of release.2.2. How do I do that? I know I might
have to take 2 passes, one for release 2.2 and one for the side branch and
that's OK.

Thanks!

Jon
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/How-do-I-see-all-of-my-changes-on-a-branch--tp25879435p25879435.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.