Subject: Re: drawbacks to svn server + git-svn vs git server?

From: Tim Mazid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 04:53:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I recently migrated from svn to git as well, but I've abandoned the svn
server altogether.
What I noticed is that the merges do not show up properly when you look at
the svn repo with git. Obviously because svn doesn't track that information.
I assume that such a problem would continue if you continued using the svn
server.
Personally, i would recommend migrating to git altogether, it isn't actually
that difficult. The only issue I had was fixing up the merges.
Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm just letting you know what issues I faced
with svn.

Good luck,
Tim.

Dexter Riley wrote:
> 
> Hello.  My group is currently using subversion on our version control
> server, but would like to move to git as a client.  We are considering
> using git-svn, to avoid revalidating the server software.  My question is,
> are there any major disadvantages to using git-svn versus git?  I know
> that the git repository would be smaller.  I'm more concerned about
> possible svn repository corruption, performance when pushing large merges
> back to svn, and any gotchas you might have encountered.
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Ed
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/drawbacks-to-svn-server-%2B-git-svn-vs-git-server--tp25994334p26093326.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.