Subject: git subtree issues

From: morgflast <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:56:28 -0800 (PST)

So, I went ahead and did this

$ git remote add -f vw_extensions [email-masked]:sibblingz/vw_extensions.git
(1)
$ git merge -s ours --no-commit vw_extensions/master (2)
$ git read-tree --prefix=some/directory/vw_extensions -u
vw_extensions/master (3)
$ git commit -m "Merge B project as our subdirectory" 

And that all seems to work ok.

Then, I went to another directory where i had vw_extensions cloned, and made
a change to the README file, and pushed it.

I went back to my first project, and did this, to try to pull those changes:

git pull -s subtree vw_extensions master remote: Counting objects: 5, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
remote: Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (3/3), done.
>From [email-masked]:sibblingz/vw_extensions
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Already uptodate!
Merge made by subtree.

However, when I looked at the README file in the first project, the changes
weren't there.  I was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions about
what to do.

Thanks!
Daniel

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/git-subtree-issues-tp26159961p26159961.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.