Subject: Re: Difference between pull --rebase and fetch+rebase

From: martinvz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 04:58:04 -0800 (PST)

Forgot to say that I am using version 1.6.5.1.1367.gcd48 (Cygwin). I should
also say that I can see no particular reason why exactly two extra commits
were picked.

martinvz wrote:
> 
> I have a branch configured to track a remote branch by rebasing. I
> excepted that "git pull" would therefore be equivalent to fetching from
> the remote repository followed by rebasing the remote branch, but it
> isn't. When doing "git rebase <remote>/<branch>", it applies only the
> commits after the merge base. When doing "git pull", it tries to apply two
> more commits (the two commits preceding the merge base). Why is this?
> 
> I get the same result even if I do "git pull --rebase <remote> <branch>",
> it doesn't seem to have anything to do with incorrect configuration of the
> branch.
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Difference-between-pull---rebase-and-fetch%2Brebase-tp27059158p27059574.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.