Subject: Git status shows modifications after cloning

From: jateeq <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:32:25 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

After cloning from a local repository, a git status shows me that each file
in the repository has been modified - I don't want this to happen. I have
searched around the net, and there is stuff about this happening if the
configurations for the original and the clone are not the same, with
specific mention of the variable core.autocrlf. However, this variable is
unspecified in both repositories, and the differences in config files is
listed below.

Origin:
[core]
	repositoryformatversion = 0
	filemode = true
	bare = true

Clone:
[core]
	repositoryformatversion = 0
	filemode = true
	bare = false
	logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
	url = /home/ruggeddoc/Documents/Primary/InstallationGuides/RuggedBackbone
[branch "master"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/master
[branch "jateeq.2010-03-08.09-49"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/master

I haven't tried unsetting the logallrefupdates (I want to log updates). Does
anyone think this is a config file issue? If it is, any idead on how to
solve it? If not, what can I do so that git status, or git diff do not show
modified files right after cloning?

NOTE: On the origin, the only branch that exists is master, whereas after
I'm done cloning, I create another branch and then checkout that branch's
head right from the start. 

Thank you for your help, 
Jawad
-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Git-status-shows-modifications-after-cloning-tp27821819p27821819.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.