Subject: git push asking for a password

From: brennsuppa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 03:31:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm working with git for the first time and when I started it I just had to
commit/push/pull on an existing repository.

Now I should create a new repo, but this fails when I try to git push origin
master:refs/heads/master because it is asking for a password, which should
not happen since ssh-keys are in use, right?

my setup:

I have an existing repo called drums, this works fine!
Now I tried to create a new one called guitars with this how to
http://scie.nti.st/2007/11/14/hosting-git-repositories-the-easy-and-secure-way

so my gitosis.conf is like this:
[gitosis]

[group gitosis-admin]
writable = gitosis-admin
members = brennsuppa

[group drums]
writable = drums
members = brennsuppa dan

[group guitars]
writable = guitars
members = brennsuppa dan eug

my key should be working, otherwise I cannot explain why it works with
drums, any help?

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/git-push-asking-for-a-password-tp29265051p29265051.html
Sent from the git mailing list archive at Nabble.com.