Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/7] pack-revindex: enable on-disk reverse indexes by default

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 09:40:01 -0400

On 4/12/2023 6:20 PM, Taylor Blau wrote:
> Here is a (tiny) reroll of my series to enable pack reverse-indexes to
> be written to disk by default instead of computed on-the-fly in memory.
> 
> The original cover letter[1] and commits herein have all of the gore-y
> details. Not much has changed since last time, except:
> 
>   - squashing in a patch from Stolee to propagate a `struct repository
>     *` a little further out from `load_pack_revindex()`
> 
>   - a tweak to the linux-TEST-vars CI job to continue running it with
>     GIT_TEST_NO_WRITE_REV_INDEX
> 
>   - and an additional benchmark to demonstrate the performance of `git
>     cat-file --batch-check='%(objectsize:disk)' --batch--all-objects
>     --unordered` with and without on-disk reverse indexes

Thanks for addressing my concerns from v1. This version LGTM.

-Stolee