Subject: Re: wit 0.0.3 - a web interface for git available

From: Jon Seymour <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:33:13 +1000

On 4/21/05, Kay Sievers <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:42:53AM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> 
> It's working now:
>   http://ehlo.org/~kay/gitweb.pl
> 

Kay + Christian + Ken,

That looks really great!.

One suggestion: when drilling down through the tree it would be nice
if the context of the parents could be dragged along too. So, for
example, when displaying the BLOB, you could display its name because
you have kept enough context around to allow that.

This would also allow you to extend the functionality so that when you
are at the BLOB level you could navigate to a history of changes to
just that BLOB, at least from the point of  view of the commit that
got you there.

Also, have you considered generating pure XML from the database and
relying on XSLT (either at the server, or preferably at the client -
they all do it well these days!) to do the HTML rendering?

jon.