Subject: Re: [GSoC] Applicant Introduction and Microproject Selection

From: Victoria Dye <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 16:33:11 -0700

Labnan Khalid Masum wrote:
> Hello Everyone,

Hi Labnan!

> I am Khalid Masum Labnan, An undergraduate at Islamic University of
> Technology, Bangladesh, Currently majoring in Software Engineering. I
> would like to get involved in Git development as I want to be part of
> this community and would like to use GSoC as the starting point.
> 
> I would like to submit a patch on the microproject "Use test_path_is_*
> functions in test scripts", by changing test t3501, if it is
> available.
> 

Absolutely! I'm not sure how much progress you've made on your patch, but
here are some resources you might find helpful:

- This particular microproject has been around for a while (at least since
  2019 [1]), so there are some past submissions of changes to other test
  files that might serve as a good reference ([2], [3]).
- If you need information on getting started (or even just how to submit
  your completed patch), you might want to take a look at the
  MyFirstContribution guide [4] - it's a really nice guide for getting set
  up for Git development.

Looking forward to your first submission!
-Victoria

[1] https://git.github.io/SoC-2019-Microprojects/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/git/f881[email-masked]/
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/git/ERmIkC3rLZ3BAyv2Nq_GK0CjWvEQw6ejl8V-HVvwCsyIv0guQV67nO8KMLi7eA9qO5mo_ZJ8XB360uP_LtP-LY1xsaRBXHsc0F1uSID-KPE=@protonmail.com/
[4] http://git-scm.com/docs/MyFirstContribution

> Regards,
> Labnan