Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/1] scalar: move to the top-level, test, CI and "install" support

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 11:02:29 -0400

On 6/23/2022 6:26 AM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> This one-patch series integrates the "scalar" command to the
> top-level, meaning we build the "scalar" binary by default, and run
> its tests on "make test" and in CI. We'll also build and test its
> documentation. We now also have "install" support, both for the
> program and its docs, but you'll need to:
> 
>     make <install-target> INSTALL_SCALAR=Y
> 
> I'm sending this out now to avoid needless duplicate work.

As mentioned on the list earlier, Victoria is taking over the
remaining work to complete the Scalar project. Nothing has been
sent to the list because we didn't want to cause a distraction
from the release window.

Victoria is taking time to incorporate your previous thoughts on
how Scalar is built and its location in the codebase and create
a complete narrative of how to get from our current state to that
point.

To that point, this thread is the duplicate work you're trying
to avoid. Please instead wait for Victoria to present her plan in
July instead of moving forward with this topic.

Thanks,
-Stolee