Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc: tidy asciidoc style

From: Jean-Noël AVILA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 21:43:20 +0100

On Wednesday, 23 January 2019 20:36:46 CET Junio C Hamano wrote:

> I somehow misread the title as "tiny asciidoc style (fixes)".  This
> is a huge clean-up.  Thanks for working on it.
> 

These styling fixes were raised by warning of po4a when processing 
the files. Otherwise, there's no hurry in pushing them.

> 
> Two questions.
> 
>  - Does this affect correctness in formatting?  I thought not.
> 

This does not affect the formatting of  man pages. For html pages,
the content is different but there's a rule that repeated spaces are cranked
into a single space before rendering in the browser.

>  - How are you finding these?  

Editing the intermediate po for translation, the tabs are shown as special
characters \t (in case there's some formatting  to preserve).