Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] config: add --comment option to add a comment

From: Dragan Simic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 20:04:34 +0100

On 2024-03-11 19:57, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> * Dragan Simic:
> 
>> I mean, perhaps the whole thing with the tab characters may not be
>> the right example, but I just wanted to point out that the more
>> major an open-source project is, the more discussion is often
>> required.
> 
> Oh, I have no qualms discussing things, but over the last 40+ years,
> nothing good has ever come from debating the pros and cons of tabs and
> spaces. At least that's my personal experience.

There are pros and cons to both spaces and tabs, so there's hardly
anything that can be concluded about either option being better or
worse than the other.  They're both good and bad at the same time.

However, I think there should be some way to allow the users to choose
the kind of spacing between the automatically added comments and their
respective values.  Yes, readability may be subjective, but I think
that the users should be allowed some kind of choice.