Subject: git-format-patch little gripe

From: Luben Tuikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 01:07:20 -0800 (PST)

Yep, after more than a year, I simply cannot get used to it...
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=git&m=113259043217761&w=2
And as I've seen, other people brought that up too.

My brain simply says:
`` "git-format-patch" is singular and so the SHA-1 specified
   on the command line should generate a _single_ patch.''

Yeah, but no.

So I still make the mistake of:
# git-rev-list --no-merges --pretty=one-line HEAD -- <somepath>
    I select a commit
# git-format-patch -o /tmp/ <commit>
...
    Oh, f@#$!  <CTRL-C>
# git-format-patch -o /tmp/ <commit>^..<commit>

Is there a chance to make "git-format-patch" output a single
patch? of that commit only?

    Luben
P.S. And let "git-format-patches" go wild with the ideologies...
Sorry, needed to vent as I made this mistake twice already
today...