Subject: Re: [PATCH] submodule--helper.c: add only-active to foreach

From: Guillaume Galeazzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 13:04:56 +0200

Le 13.05.2020 à 22:35, Junio C Hamano a écrit :
 > Guillaume Galeazzi <[email-masked]> writes:
 >
 > I already said I was *not* suggesting a concrete syntax.  The more
 > important point was to make us realize that we need to think outside
 > of "active-only" and make sure we can support other kinds of selection
 > criteria for submodules.

Ok get it now. So after looking a bit, another trait that could be
interesting filtering on is remote tracking branch. A v2 with filtering 
based on active (or not), populated (or not), and tracked remote branch 
is ready on my side. It also include the rename of the struct member 
only_active to active_only. Let me know when I can /submit.

 > So spelling out "--no-blah" to mean "not with blah" is probably a
 > good thing to do (especially if readers do not mind being English
 > centric).
 >

Great, it make it a bit simpler to code, thanks for the tips.