Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] repo: add support for path-related fields

From: Tian Yuchen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2026 02:51:26 +0800

On 3/3/26 00:38, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> "brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> With `git rev-parse`, you can change `--path-format` on the command line
>> between options, so if you want both, you just request one thing, use
>> `--path-format`, and then request the other.  However, that can't be
>> done with `git repo` and `--path-format`.
> 
> Hmph, that is one advantage of that incremental option handling done
> by "rev-parse", which often is a source of confusion and complaints,
> though ;-)

Short question: Is using format modifier like (%path:relative), 
(%path:absolute) a good solution here? I think it can be implemented by 
simply adding a path parsing function in ref-filter.c (and some other 
work that aren't particularly challenging).

It should be user-friendly, readable and free of global flags, right? :-]

Regards,

Yuchen