Subject: [PATCH v2 14/20] sparse-index: check index conversion happens

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 19:30:57 +0000

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>

Add a test case that uses test_region to ensure that we are truly
expanding a sparse index to a full one, then converting back to sparse
when writing the index. As we integrate more Git commands with the
sparse index, we will convert these commands to check that we do _not_
convert the sparse index to a full index and instead stay sparse the
entire time.

Signed-off-by: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t1092-sparse-checkout-compatibility.sh | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 18 insertions(+)

diff --git a/t/t1092-sparse-checkout-compatibility.sh b/t/t1092-sparse-checkout-compatibility.sh
index b38fab6455d9..bfc9e28ef0e1 100755
--- a/t/t1092-sparse-checkout-compatibility.sh
+++ b/t/t1092-sparse-checkout-compatibility.sh
@@ -391,4 +391,22 @@ test_expect_success 'submodule handling' '
 	grep "160000 commit $(git -C initial-repo rev-parse HEAD)	modules/sub" cache
 '
 
+test_expect_success 'sparse-index is expanded and converted back' '
+	init_repos &&
+
+	(
+		GIT_TEST_SPARSE_INDEX=1 &&
+		export GIT_TEST_SPARSE_INDEX &&
+		GIT_TRACE2_EVENT="$(pwd)/trace2.txt" GIT_TRACE2_EVENT_NESTING=10 \
+			git -C sparse-index -c core.fsmonitor="" reset --hard &&
+		test_region index convert_to_sparse trace2.txt &&
+		test_region index ensure_full_index trace2.txt &&
+
+		rm trace2.txt &&
+		GIT_TRACE2_EVENT="$(pwd)/trace2.txt" GIT_TRACE2_EVENT_NESTING=10 \
+			git -C sparse-index -c core.fsmonitor="" status -uno &&
+		test_region index ensure_full_index trace2.txt
+	)
+'
+
 test_done
-- 
gitgitgadget