Subject: Re: [BUG] send-email propagates "In-Reply-To"

From: Bagas Sanjaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 19:11:26 +0700

On 22/08/21 16.24, Marvin Häuser wrote:
> I wrote a quick patch to adjust 2.1. to 3.1. [3]. I have no time right 
> now to review the submission guidelines (and thus did not submit the 
> patch "properly" yet), but I will try to get to that tonight or some 
> time next week. If in the mean time you could provide any feedback on 
> the behaviour or the patch, so that I can get things right the first 
> time, that would be great!
> 
> [3] 
> https://github.com/mhaeuser/git/commit/d87f49a02c0efa3084ae6c70bbf583b865744e43 
> 

Since you have your desired commits queued on your fork (and thus 
already use GitHub flow), you can open a PR targeting [1] and let 
GitGitGadget prepare and send corresponding patch to [email-masked] 
(this ML).

Or better learn to use `git format-patch` and `git send-email` - some 
projects (including Git and Linux kernel) prefers contributions to be 
submitted through mailing lists (email-style approach). Git for Windows 
have nice guide to submit patches email-style at [2].

[1]: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git
[2]: 
https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md#submit-your-patch

-- 
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara