Subject: Re: using git directory cache code in darcs?

From: Mike Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:49:18 -0700

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, David Roundy wrote:
> 
>>That's all right.  Darcs would only access the cached data through a
>>git-caching layer, and we've already got an abstraction layer over the
>>pristine cache.  As long as the git layer can quickly retrieve the contents
>>of a given file, we should be fine.
> 
> 
> Yes.
> 
> In fact, one of my hopes was that other SCM's could just use the git
> plumbing. But then I'd really suggest that you use "git" itself, not any
> "libgit". Ie you take _all_ the plumbing as real programs, and instead of
> trying to link against individual routines, you'd _script_ it.

If you don't want it, I won't do it. Still makes sense to separate the 
plumbing from the porcelain, though.

-- 

Mike Taht

   "You can tell how far we have to go, when FORTRAN is the language of
supercomputers.
	-- Steven Feiner"