Subject: Re: Re-done kernel archive - real one?

From: Jochen Roemling <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:50:40 +0200

Linus Torvalds wrote:

>Ie we have two phases to the merge: first get the objects, with something
>like
>
>	repo=kernel.org:/pub/kernel/people/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
>	rsync --ignore-existing -acv $(repo)/ .git/
>  
>
Could you place a tarball there for people like me who are no "real" 
kernel hackers and don't have a kernel.org account? Or is there an 
"anonymous" account that I'm just to ignorant to know of?

I'm just somebody who is very interested in the new things happening 
here, but I guess there will be some month to go and a lot of things to 
learn until you see the first kernel patch that is signed off by me. :-)

By the way: Does the git repository include all 60.000 changes of just 
the latest version of the 17.000 file in the kernel?

Best regards
Jochen Römling