Subject: Re: full kernel history, in patchset format

From: David Mansfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:41:38 -0400

Catalin Marinas wrote:
> Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>>i've converted the Linux kernel CVS tree into 'flat patchset' format, 
>>which gave a series of 28237 separate patches. (Each patch represents a 
>>changeset, in the order they were applied. I've used the cvsps
>>utility.)
> 
> 
> AFAIK, cvsps uses the date/time to create the changesets. There is a
> problem with the BKCVS export since some files in the same commit can
> have a different time (by an hour). I posted a mail some time ago
> about this - 
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=110026570201544&w=2
> 
> I read that the old history won't be merged into the new repository
> but, if you are interested, I have a script that can do this based on
> the "(Logical change ...)" string in the file commit logs and it is
> quite fast at generating the patches.
> 

Hmmm.  I read that message just now.  Is it a matter of 'perfection' 
that is the issue here, or actual correctness when applying the patches 
in order?

(perhaps this has now been fixed).

David