Subject: Re: First web interface and service API draft

From: El Draper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:37:59 +0100

Christian Meder wrote:

>Comments ? Ideas ? Other feedback ?
>
>  
>

Hi guys,

New around these parts, so be gentle :-)

I would like to suggest the idea of a SOAP interface. If we are talking 
about a true service orientated API, then a way of calling a uri and 
having it return a nice SOAP packet with the return data in it would be 
great. If we ensured compliance with web service standards, then it 
would then mean anyone could write themselves a client desktop based 
program, a web interface, or any utility command line tools (in Java, 
.net, whatever they want, and for whatever platform), that could 
communicate with the web service and retrieve relevant data. You'd then 
have a true service interface into a Git repository. Seeing as how the 
idea of returning XML has already come up, I don't think it would be a 
stretch to extend the web interface to returning web service compliant 
SOAP packets in order to return data.

Regards,
-= El =-