Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Cogito-0.8 (former git-pasky, big changes!)

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:58:29 -0400

Petr Baudis wrote:
>   Hello,
> 
>   here goes Cogito-0.8, my SCMish layer over Linus Torvald's git tree
> history tracker. This package was formerly called git-pasky, however
> this release brings big changes. The usage is significantly different,
> as well as some basic concepts; the history changed again (hopefully the
> last time?) because of fixing dates of some old commits. The .git/
> directory layout changed too.

tar xvfj $x
cd x
make
...
gcc -g -O2 -Wall '-DSHA1_HEADER=<openssl/sha.h>' -o rpull rpull.c 
libgit.a rsh.c -lz -lssl
gcc -g -O2 -Wall '-DSHA1_HEADER=<openssl/sha.h>' -o rev-list rev-list.c 
libgit.a -lz -lssl
gcc -g -O2 -Wall '-DSHA1_HEADER=<openssl/sha.h>' -o git-mktag 
git-mktag.c libgit.a -lz -lssl
gcc -g -O2 -Wall '-DSHA1_HEADER=<openssl/sha.h>' -o diff-tree-helper 
diff-tree-helper.c libgit.a -lz -lssl
make: commit-id: Command not found
Generating cg-version...

So, it still complains about commit-id

	Jeff