Subject: Re: Quick command reference

From: David Greaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 16:52:31 +0100

Brian O'Mahoney wrote:

>Thank you both for taking the time and trouble to do this, particularly
>with the name changes and new options; why don't you merge your efforts
>and produce a GIT-Mini-HOWTO BTW send it off as a patch again!
>  
>
I will happily work on this as soon as Linus says that he'll accept it.
That way when people make changes to the options and behaviour of
commands they can trivially update the README.reference too.

Petr accepted an early version but then it became 'core git' rather than
Cogito so it made more sense to put it in Linus' tree.

I don't know if Linus just doesn't get my mails (ISPs?) or if he's not
bothered about docs right now? or he's plain busy?

I've spent many many hours doing this and I'm happy to spend many more -
but I'm at that frustrated point where it makes no sense until I know
it's of use.

Fingers crossed :)

David