Subject: Re: gitweb wishlist

From: David Mansfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:08:38 -0400

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
> On Tue, 24 May 2005, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
>>It has the logic for branches, but it doesn't work, and I'm fed up enough
>>with CVS and RCS for the moment that I'm not going to work on it any more
>>tonight.
> 
> 
> I'm back, and yes, it was a really stupid thing.
> 
> However, David, I need more help deciphering "cvsps" output..
> 
> Fixing the branch handling shows that cvsps does some really strange
> things with the newly added "Ancestor grpah". Here's one example:
> 

Yes.  While not falling asleep last night I realized that the 
quick-and-dirty approach was bogus.  I need to track what the ancestor 
is as I'm building up the data structure, not while outputting it.  So 
I'm working on a correct version which puts ancestor_branch into the 
PatchSet structure itself.

It's completely done now except for that it segfaults instantly.

BTW where did you get the cvsroot for syslinux?  Could I get a copy 
somewhere?

David