Subject: Re: gitweb wishlist

From: David Mansfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:43:18 -0400

Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> 
>>And if this doesn't work for you, point me to the CVS archive that causes 
>>you trouble.
> 
> 
> you should try the mutt cvs repository[1].

Sounds good.  I'll give it a try.  I'm testing the branch ancestor 
logic, which seems to be working better now.  The version I sent to the 
list yesterday was pretty bogus for some cases, as well as reporting the 
ancestor multiple times for any give branch.

> 
> I have the following issues all seem easy to fix:
> 
> 	- PatchSet 1 depends on PatchSet 2 (but cvsps gets the ordering wrong;
> 	  should be easy fixable) (I just swichted the two before
> 	  running cvs2git)
> 

There is something strange about 'cvs import' I believe which causes 
various bizarre things to happen to the first cvsps patchset.  I haven't 
looked at mutt cvs yet, but this could be the cause.  If you see a lot 
of version numbers 1.1.1.1 then this is indeed the problem.

> I used the attached patch against cvsps-2.0rc1 which fixes date
> covnersion problems and of course includes the ancestor thing.

I'll look at taking these patches upstream.  The 'MT' fix is already in 
my cvs of cvsps, and the rest looks pretty good.

Do you know where I can get attribution information for these changes? 
Are they all from you? (I'm not familiar with debian at all)

David