Subject: new cvsps version fixes issues for cvs2git

From: David Mansfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 00:02:53 -0400

Hi,

I just put out the 2.1 tarball on 
http://www.cobite.com/cvsps/cvsps-2.1.tar.gz.  I tested it out with the 
syslinux, mutt, and a bunch of my own repos.  It fixes the following 
issues that were causing some of the problems with cvs2git:

1) proper detection and reporting of branch ancestry, with the -A 
option.  This patch was sent under separate cover, but now I also 
explicitly disallow the bogus 'import' branch from being an ancestor. 
The ancestor will only be reported when a new branch appears.

2) patchset ordering problems.  actual revision ancestry is considered 
when ordering the patchsets.  this mainly affects the 'patchset 1 and 
patchset 2 are swapped' problem, but could be others

3) patchset 'globbing' problems.  previously, cvsps would allow the same 
file into a patchset more than once.  this is clearly bogus, and now it 
isn't allowed, combined with #2 and some minor date tweaking, the 
ordering should be 'more perfect than ever.'

4) patchset date/time problems.  the date/time handling was bogus.  some 
of it was patched for some time in my tree, but not released.  also we 
now report all dates in LOCALTIME.  use the TZ variable to get a 
different time.  Note: 'cvs log' format is always UTC.

Linus, based on #4, you may want to set 'export TZ=UTC' before running, 
and handle date/time conversion in cvs2git counting on that.  otherwise, 
I think problems may occur with daylight savings (apr/oct).

If there are any remaining issues, let me know.

David